Personal Interests:Music, Concerts, Audio engineering, Record production, Radio Production, Psychoacoustics, Stereo Equipment, Recording Equipment, Vacuum Tube Electronics, Tesla coils, Loudspeaker Design, Microphones, Golden Age Of Radio, Movies, Musicals, Reading, Stereoscopic photography, Motion Picture Production, Motion Picture Sound, Motion Picture History, Vitaphone, American Mutoscope and Biograph Company, Cinerama, Edison Cylinder Phonographs, Film cameras, Lomography, Pentax cameras, Pinhole Photography, Large Format Cameras, Photography, Darkroom, Exploration, Theatre, Plays, Museums, Nature, Cats, Botany, Horticulture, Fine Arts, Oil paintings, Watercolors, Art Deco, Victoriana, Impressionism, Music Instruments, Industrial design, Architecture, Volunteerism, Parapsychology, Paranormal Research, Biblical Apologetics, Philosophy, Philately, Numismatics, Astronomy, Physics, Ballistics, Aeronautics, Finance, Stock market, Investing, Economics, Firearms, Militaria, Military history, Auctions, Antiques, Antique, Radios, Ceramics, Decorative glass, Creative Anachronisms, Horse Ranches, Alternate Energy.
Favorite Color:Clear. (But I just go ahead and Paint It Black.)
◦ "Hello, I must be going." -- Groucho Marx.
◦ "Normal service has been resumed as soon as possible." -- Basil Fawlty.
◦ Music stands in a much closer connection with pure sensation than any other art, ... in music, the sensations of tone are the material of the art," Hermann von Helmholtz, acoustics pioneer, 1862.
◦ "Socialism is a philosophy of failure, the creed of ignorance, and the gospel of envy. Its inherent virtue is the equal sharing of misery." -- Winston Churchill
◦ "You cannot lift up the poor by tearing down the rich." — Me (Kermit Victor Gray)
◦ "Less is more, more or less." — Me (Kermit Victor Gray)
◦ "Good enough is not good enough." — Consolidated Aircraft corporate motto, 1930 through 1940s
◦ "Keep it simple and stupid." — Clarence "Kelly"Johnson. This is most-often misquoted well-known quote in the English-speaking world. Everyone leaves out the word "and," turning a pithy tidbit of wisdom into a smart-aleck comment.
◦ "I feel more like I do now than I did when I first felt this way." — Me (Kermit Victor Gray)
◦ "The Ant does not fear the Octopus" - Me (Kermit Victor Gray)
◦ "Socialism works until you run out of other people's money." -- Margaret Thatcher.
◦ "To think often and never to retain it so much as one moment is a very useless sort of thinking; and the soul in such a state of thinking does very little if at all excel that of a looking-glass, which constantly receives variety of images or ideas but retains none: they disappear and vanish and there remain no footsteps of them; the looking-glass is never the better for such ideas, nor the soul for such thoughts." — John Locke
◦ "Fools live without enjoying life. We aim at simplicity and hope for truth. Many who have learned much possess no sense." — Albert Einstein
◦ "The essence of reason consists not in securing for man a foundation and powers, but in calling him in question and in inviting him to justice." — Levinas
◦ "One thing is needful: To 'give style' to one's character - a great and rare art!" — Emmanuel Kant
◦ "Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." — Leonardo da Vinci
◦ "Learning never exhausts the mind." — Leonardo da Vinci
◦ "Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor imagination nor both together go to the making of genius. Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius." — Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
◦ "I pay no attention whatever to anybody's praise or blame. I simply follow my own feelings." — Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
◦ "Music, even in situations of the greatest horror, should never be painful to the ear but should flatter and charm it, and thereby always remain music." — Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
◦ "The details are not the details. They make the design." — Charles Eames
◦ "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are those who mourn, for they shall be comforted. Blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they shall be satisfied. Blessed are the merciful, for they shall receive mercy. Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God. Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons[ of God. Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness' sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. Blessed are you when others revile you and persecute you and utter all kinds of evil against you falsely on my account. Rejoice and be glad, for your reward is great in heaven, for so they persecuted the prophets who were before you. You are the salt of the earth, but if salt has lost its taste, how shall its saltiness be restored? It is no longer good for anything except to be thrown out and trampled under people's feet." — Jesus Christ